People’s feet withstand the constant load of the weight of the entire body. This load increases even more during sports activities, walking in heels or with excessive weight. As a result of incorrect distribution of pressure, constant walking on high heels or in very narrow shoes, various disorders can develop, which in the end can lead to the development of arthrosis, deformation of the arches of the foot, flat feet and diseases of the entire spine. To avoid this, it is necessary to wear orthopedic shoes or use special orthopedic products that will make it comfortable and help avoid the sad consequences of wearing «wrong» shoes from the point of view of orthopedists.
In order to correctly choose the necessary inserts, you need to answer some questions about their properties, structure and need for use:
1. What are orthopedic insoles for flat feet.
2. Types of insoles
3. How to choose insoles
4. Heel pads and their types
5. What are pelotes
6. Cushions for shoes
7. Where to buy orthopedic products
What are orthopedic insoles
Orthopedic insoles for flat feet have a special design:
• A metatarsal cushion is located under the transverse arch of the foot;
• In the area of the inner arch, the insole is located, in the area of the roll, the insole is slightly raised;
• The heel is located in a small depression, it can be supported on the sides by slightly raised sides;
• only the rear part of the insole has corrective properties, the front part does not bear any functional load. This part, called the whip, can be cut off, then a half-insole is obtained. This form is convenient when used in open summer shoes;
• Special wedges between the foot and the floor plane are used to adjust the angle of elevation. With individual production, a specialist can change the size and location of the wedges, giving the foot the correct position.
types of insoles
Depending on the stiffness of the material used and the design, there are 3 types of orthopedic insoles:
• Soft silicone insoles. These products are used only for the prevention of violations, since with increased load, for example, during sports, the level of depreciation may be insufficient. It has no corrective properties, it is recommended for wearing in any type of shoes;
• Medium stiffness made of polyurethane foam, foamed rubber or natural leather with increased shock absorption properties. They have a corrective effect in the initial stages of flat feet. Recommended for users with a large body weight;
• Hard insoles are used for foot correction and are made of hard materials — graphite, plastic, with metal inserts.
Features of the selection of insoles for various diseases
— For the «diabetic» foot, a 3-layer insole is used, which reduces friction and pressure, preventing injuries that heal very poorly in diabetes;
— To relieve the pain of a heel spur, it is recommended to combine the chip with a silicone heel pad;
— Insoles with enhanced shock-absorbing properties are recommended for relieving tension and pain in arthritis and arthrosis
What is a heel counter used for?
A heel pad is a therapeutic and preventive product, which is best placed in the area of the heel under the insole in order to relieve pain and reduce pressure on the heel.
Depending on the required effect, there are heel pads:
• Shock absorbers, which are used for increased fatigue and pain in the heel area. They relieve excess pressure and reduce the load on the heel;
• Corrective heel supports are necessary to correct flat feet in the initial stage. Effective during the correction of valgus / varus deformity. Such a heel support is necessary for different leg lengths in a set of measures to correct posture;
• With a heel spur, heel pads reduce pain and serve as a preventive measure at the first signs of the appearance of a spur.
Varieties of heel pads by material
— the silicone bushing is wider to the end with special edges. Used in shoes with high sides, such as shoes or sneakers. Prevents the appearance of corns, calluses, heel spurs;
— Gel — soft and almost invisible heel pads, which will be useful for lovers of model shoes, including high heels. Reduce pressure and prevent the appearance of calluses, corns, and cracks on the heels;
— Leather heel pads are mainly used to correct the difference in leg length, if it does not exceed 3 cm. These are the most expensive and ecological heel pads, with minimal effect;
— Heel pads made of cork wood are the hardest. They provide the maximum orthopedic effect and are used for spine pathologies and various forms of flat feet.
What are pelotas?
Orthopedic pads are inserts in various shoes for the front part of the foot. They provide support and redistribute pressure in various types of flat feet, heel spurs, diabetic foot or in case of increased fatigue. These are semi-insoles of a flat shape without bending in the area of the arch of the foot.
For shoes with a heel height of more than 5 cm, where all the pressure falls on the front area of the foot. Pelotas prevent the appearance of heartburn, pain and deviation of the thumb outwards.
form of pellets
The form is chosen depending on the place of occurrence of the footpads:
• pelota in the form of a droplet cushion is used for bunions in the center of a narrow foot, in narrow shoes;
• L-shaped cushion is used in wide shoes with a wide foot and insteps on its edge;
• trapezoidal-shaped pelota are used in any shoe with insteps in the center of the foot.
What are the pillows
Gel pads for shoes come in different shapes, they are placed under problem areas where calluses, calluses, and abrasions are most often formed. They eliminate discomfort and allow you to wear your favorite shoes without problems. The shoes are attached with an adhesive layer. They can be used constantly, or during the period of getting used to new shoes.
where to buy
Any orthopedic devices for insertion into shoes of various types can be selected and purchased on the med-magazin website of the «Your Health» network. When choosing, it is necessary to take into account the place of formation of abrasions or calluses, as well as the degree of violation of the integrity of the skin.