The main quality of good shoes is comfort. In new boots, boots or sneakers, your feet should be comfortable all day long. Therefore, when buying a new pair of shoes, you need to know how to choose the right size. Shoes should not rub the feet, cause swelling or severe discomfort when worn. To do this, determine not only the length of the foot, but also the width of the leg (fullness).
We measure the foot correctly: length and fullness
- Determine the size of the foot in the evening, it is at this time that the foot increases slightly, that is, the value obtained will be as accurate as possible.
- Place both feet on a sheet of paper and trace the outline of the foot, holding a pencil or pen strictly vertically (at an angle of 90 degrees).
- Draw parallel lines along the most protruding places of the toes and heels. The distance between these lines is the correct foot length. When getting the size, one of the values will be large, when choosing a shoe size according to the table, be guided by it.
- When choosing shoes or boots, keep in mind that manufacturers from different countries use different sizing systems from each other.
- To determine the width of the foot, or fullness, measure the front of the foot at the base of the toes, at the widest point: from the big toe to the little toe. Then, using the size chart, determine the fullness of your foot using the resulting width value.
To buy boots, you may need an additional volume of the lower leg and ankle — measure them at the widest point. Round your measurements to the nearest 0.5 cm.
Determining the size and fullness of shoes is important, but this is only half the battle. In order not to regret an unsuccessful purchase, take into account tips on how to choose and buy shoes:
- Take your time trying on shoes. Put on a new pair on both feet, fully close the zips, straps, Velcro, or tie the laces. Make sure that the shoes do not pinch anywhere, do not rub, or vice versa, do not dangle too much on the foot.
- In the right shoes, the toes are located freely, not clamped, they can be moved. The longest toe should not rest against the toe. A gap of 0.7-1 centimeter in length and width is required. For pointed shoes and winter boots, a larger margin is left: in the first case for comfort, in the second for warm socks.
- When purchasing shoes in the summer, try them on a thin (kapron or cotton) sock, in winter — on a warm one.
- It is best to keep warm leather shoes lined with natural fur, for example, sheep or zigeyka. By choosing the right winter shoes, you can not be afraid of severe cold and slippery sidewalks. .
- Don’t expect shoes to wear out over time. Sits on the leg only shoes made of high-quality genuine leather and suede. But in this case, the posting will take time and additional effort.
- If you often suffer from swelling, then it is better to make a purchase at the end of the day, when the legs are at their maximum size.
- Try on the shoe model on the foot that is larger. Consider physical features, such as protruding bones.
- Pay attention to the sole, it should be flexible. A hard sole will strain the muscles. You can check the plasticity by bending the model closer to the toe.
Although fashion is moving towards comfort, designers from season to season offer us high-heeled shoes that are hard to refuse. But many of them are extremely inconvenient. How to choose really comfortable shoes with heelsto keep your feet comfortable?
- Pay attention to where the heel is. It should not be located too far, otherwise you will experience discomfort while walking. The heel should be exactly under your heel.
- In addition, the slope of the heel is important. When shopping for shoes, look for a shoe that properly distributes your weight across your foot, rather than concentrating it on the balls of your toes or heel. The best choice would be a model with a wide block heel.
- For everyday wear, choose shoes with a heel of no more than 4 cm — this is the least harmful height, which reduces the load on the spine and does not cause changes in bone tissues.
We hope that our advice will help you in purchasing new models of shoes that are in our stores, as well as in the online store.