In winter, sometimes you want to keep your feet warm. To achieve this, you need to choose shoes, paying attention to the insulation. So which option would be the most preferable, given the peculiarities of the Russian winter? Let’s figure it out together.
Such a heater has many advantages:
- It is not afraid of moisture, and when condensate forms, it quickly brings it out. As a result, the feet remain dry.
- The ability to keep warm inside the shoe at temperatures up to minus 25 ° C due to the fact that the fur has not only a dense pile, but also a soft down.
- Ability to provide good air exchange. Natural fur has the ability to «breathe», which creates an ideal microclimate for the feet.
Natural fur is rightfully considered the best insulation option for Russian winters and other climatic regions, where the air temperature constantly fluctuates from high to low temperatures. In severe frosts, such shoes will perfectly warm and prevent freezing of the feet, and during the thaw it will not be hot and humid in it.
Among the advantages of natural fur is also environmental friendliness, because. in the process of wearing this material does not emit harmful substances and unpleasant odors.
The cost of natural wool insulation is noticeably lower than natural fur, while this lining is slightly inferior in terms of thermal performance. Models with natural wool insulation are great for Russian winters due to the fact that:
- A high level of air exchange is provided, as a result of which the legs will be comfortable and they will not sweat.
- Effective protection against moisture is created, so the shoes can be worn in slushy weather. If the insulation suddenly gets wet, it will dry quickly, retaining all its characteristics.
- There are no difficulties with care.
Natural wool insulation perfectly withstands low temperatures, conducts air well and removes steam, provided that the upper part of the shoe is made of genuine leather or suede.
For its production, an innovative material is used, the basis of which is Teflon. The membrane is a fabric with a mesh structure, which consists of very small holes, thanks to which moisture is removed from the inside and does not get inside the shoe. The optimal temperature regime for shoes with membrane insulation varies from -10 to -15 ° C. But if you actively move, then it will be comfortable even up to -20 ° С.
Advantages of membrane insulation:
- The ability to retain heat well in the range indicated by each specific manufacturer.
- Practical care. The material dries quickly and any dirt can be easily removed with a damp cloth.
- Durability. The structure of the membrane is preserved even with significant mechanical stress.
- Wearing comfort. The material gently adheres to the skin, does not cause allergic reactions.
Membrane insulation has several disadvantages. Firstly, with prolonged wear, an unpleasant smell from the feet may appear. Secondly, it is undesirable to wear woolen or cotton socks. The best option is special socks for the membrane or products made of synthetic materials. Thirdly, high-quality models are expensive.
This is a great option for those who live in a temperate climate where winter temperatures do not fall below -5 — -6 ° C. Such shoes are usually equipped with an insole with thick fur, and the top is made of fur with a short nap or textile insulation. Most often, this type of insulation is used for boots, so that women’s legs look slender due to the compact material of the lining in the shaft.
What to choose? It’s up to you, taking into account your climate and the peculiarities of using winter shoes. In the sohoshop.ru store you will find winter shoes with any of the insulation that we talked about.